tika-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Better Ohloh history for Tika
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:46:49 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like Ohloh has stopped seeing Tika commits since two months
> now (see [1]). To fix that and to make Ohloh better understand the
> full code history of Tika, I'd like to point Ohloh to the Tika git
> mirror at http://git.apache.org/ instead of the canonical svn
> location.

I've now made this change, and Ohloh is back up to date with the
latest Tika commits.

> In Jackrabbit we've just made that Ohloh configuration change (see
> [2]) and it worked quite well. The only downside is that anyone who
> has claimed Tika commits on Ohloh needs to do so again after the
> switch (see [3] for instructions).

Here's a copy of the instructions, adapted to Tika:

1. Go to your Ohloh profile page at https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/<account>
2. Click "EDIT" on the "Apache Tika" entry in the "Experience" section
3. Click "DELETE" to remove the old entry
4. Go to the Tika contributors page at https://www.ohloh.net/p/tika/contributors
5. Click on your name in the list of contributors
6. Click the "I am this person" button
7. Fill in the contribution record with any extra details you want to add

If you don't already use Ohloh to track your Tika contributions but
want to now do so, you can start directly at step 4.

BR,

Jukka Zitting