tika-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Meikle <loo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TIKA-103 - Excel Number/Date Formatting.
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 20:25:40 GMT
Hi Chris,

2010/1/8 Mattmann, Chris A (388J) chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov

> In in the interest of living up to my promise to cut a release candidate
> this week (2 more days technically since I never said work week ;) ), what's
> your thoughts on closing this out (and updating CHANGES.txt since this is a
> particular relevant and interesting change)? I'd say +1 for closing TIKA-103
> and if people find more issues or improvements to open new issues in
> downstream releases for that.

+1, Sounds good to me. I have marked it as resolved already and moved the
other changes to TIKA-360 for tracking at POI. Haven't updated the
CHANGES.txt file.

Looking at the CHANGES.txt file this issue changes the description of
TIKA-125 somewhat, as Tika now supports the extraction of numbers and dates
using the defined style. It will still apply for other record types such as
formulas, internal number records, etc.

Cheers,
Dave