tika-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Tika TLP board resolution
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:12:06 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
<chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>      WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>      interests of the Foundation and consistent with the
>      Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management
>      Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
>      open-source software related to a content detection and analysis
>      toolkit for distribution at no charge to the public.

The "toolkit" seems unnecessary here. I'd reword this to "...
open-source software related to content detection and analysis for
distribution at no charge to the public."

>      RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>      hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
>      Apache Tika Project:

For continuity I'd also welcome any current Lucene PMC members who've
been monitoring Tika to join the Tika PMC if they want.

BR,

Jukka Zitting