tika-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Re: Boilerpipe issue with Maven central repository
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 03:50:02 GMT
Hi Chris,

On May 20, 2010, at 8:18pm, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:

> Hey Ken,
>
> I got pinged by the NetCDF community folks asking if I would help
> them upgrade their Ant scripts to publish to Central. Never done
> this before, but am going to try. If you know how or anyone that has
> experience on the list, if you could send me some pointers I'd
> appreciate it.

Jukka provided some good refs to Sonatype in his comment at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-420?focusedCommentId=12866571&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel

#action_12866571

But the main issue, as I understand it, is that Christian would have
to publish the Boilerpipe jar to the central Maven repo, as otherwise
the TIka pom has a dependency on a java.net repo, and that's not
kosher for artifacts (like Tika) that want to be in the Maven central
repo.

So I don't know if there's anything you or I could do, unless we
wanted to pre-publish his jar. Doable, but really something that's
more appropriate for the project author.

I actually have a use case where I'd want to be using Boilerpipe, but
for now I think I'll have to build a custom version of Tika with
Christian's patch.

-- Ken

> On 5/20/10 5:58 PM, "Ken Krugler" <kkrugler_lists@transpac.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all (and in particular Jukka & Chris),
>
> Just to confirm, I'm assuming that nothing can happen with rolling in
> TIKA-420 (Boilerpipe integration) until the non-central repo
> dependency in the pom gets removed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Ken

Ken Krugler