tika-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject MediaType.getParameters return type
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:59:52 GMT
We ran into an issue recently, where some Bixo code built against Tika
0.7 broke when we tried to use it with Tika 0.8

The problem is that MediaType.getParameters was changed to return a
SortedMap versus a Map, so the routine that Bixo is trying to call
doesn't exist. We could fix this by building two different versions of
Bixo, one for Tika 0.7 and one for Tika 0.8 (snapshot), but that's a
bit painful.

I didn't see any callers of getParameters() that depended on keys
being in sorted order, so I'm curious why this change was made.

Thanks,

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378