tika-dev mailing list archives

From Maxim Valyanskiy <max...@jet.msk.su>
Subject Re: TikaMimeTypeIdentifier in Aperture
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:51:34 GMT
Hello!

03.12.2010 03:07, Antoni Mylka пишет:
>   - getExtensionsFor(String mimeType), useful in many apps, in tika the
> the mime knowledge base is hidden in private fields and
> package-protected classes

I think that getExtension() for mime-type method is good idea. It is useful for
creating file name of embedded documents in formats that does not store original
filename (i.e. OLE-based containers in some cases).

I do not sure about right place for this method. Maybe add extensions to
tika-mimetypes.xml and the method to org.apache.tika.mime.MimeTypes?

best wishes, Max