tika-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Towards 1.0
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 16:01:59 GMT
Hi,

It's a few months since 0.9 and our Tika in Action book is soon ready
for print, so I think it's good time to start planning for the 1.0
release.

There are a few odds and ends that I'd still like to sort out in the
trunk, but overall I think we're in a pretty much ready for the switch
from 0.x to 1.x.

One major issue to be decided is whether we want to follow up with the
earlier intention of dropping deprecated functionality (like the
three-argument parse() method) before the 1.0 release. I think we
should do that and also make some other backwards-incompatible
cleanups while we're at it. That way we'll have less old baggage to
carry as we evolve through the 1.x release cycle.

Another thing to think about is whether we want to do a formal Apache
press release about Tika reaching 1.0 status.

BR,

Jukka Zitting