tika-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1095760 - in /tika/trunk/tika-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tika: io/TaggedInputStream.java io/TikaInputStream.java parser/CompositeParser.java parser/NetworkParser.java
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 18:04:48 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 5:59 PM,  <nick@apache.org> wrote:
> TIKA-643 - Change TagginedInputStream to work like TikaInputStream for creation,
> with a static get, to avoid double wrapping.

Not sure if that's worth the trouble, as the overhead of
TaggedInputStream is insignificant compared to any IO operations,
unlike in TikaInputStream where the overhead can be huge for example
when a temporary file gets created.

No need to change this back as there's little downside (except no
subclassing and the inherent ugliness of instanceof :-) to the current
approach, just bringing this up as I was going through some of the
recent changes and started wondering about the rationale here.

BR,

Jukka Zitting