tika-dev mailing list archives

From Uwe Schindler <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject Re: Issue in text extraction in Solr / Tika
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2011 12:39:22 GMT
>From the xml point of view, its not separated. It's just in two elements, but no whitespace
in-between, according to parsing standards (see xml whitespace rules).

Uwe
--
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, 28213 Bremen

Michael McCandless <lucene@mikemccandless.com> schrieb:

One thing I still don't like is with the XML (-x) or XHTML (-h)
output, the result filtered output incorrectly splits up a word. The
doc has:

NAMITGOP SAHAD

But in the XML/XHTML it looks like this:

<b>NAMITGOP</b>
<b> SAHA</b>
<b>D</b>

Ie SAHAD became SAHA and D, separated.

I think this is a bug and I think I know why it's happening... I'll
open an issue.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com