tika-dev mailing list archives

From Antoni Mylka <antoni.my...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for Open Graph meta tags
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:00:24 GMT
W dniu 2011-09-23 15:12, Jukka Zitting pisze:
>> So I think I'll just patch my local copy to do the Q&D thing, and wait for
>> someone with more XML/RDF-fu to deal with it properly.
>
> Until Someone (TM, :-) does that, I'd be very happy to see the simple
> property=xxx mapping you described added to HtmlParser.

There seems to be a long tradition in ASF to appeal to Someone when
there is talk about RDF. Chris Mattman wrote back in November 2007:

"... it's reasonable that someone may need to rewrite the ability to
represent metadata in RDF ..."

Whoever that Someone is - he has my support. ;-)

On a more serious note though. In the four years since that metadata
discussion three separate RDF-related projects have appeared in/around
ASF: Clerezza, Jena and Any23. Two are already in incubation, the third
one tries to. Jeremias Maerki noticed the lack of coordination in the
metadata field four years ago. It's not getting any better.

Antoni Myłka
antoni.mylka@gmail.com