tika-dev mailing list archives

From Antoni Mylka <antoni.my...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [metadata] roadmap proposal available on the wiki
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 21:30:20 GMT
2012/04/26 Mattmann, Chris A (388J) napisał/wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> One comment RE: the below too -- this is precisely where I see
> Any23 coming into play and why there is a strong relationship
> between it and Tika:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/any23/
>
> I'm the current Champion for the project and the Tika PMC is
> sponsoring the podling. Please check it out b/c some of the below
> may make sense to go into Any23, a downstream Tika consumer.

I would personally imagine some utility class that would take the XMP
from Tika and push it as a stream of normal RDF triples. Then those
triples could be passed via any23 to an any23 client application, which
expects RDF from everything.

Thus Tika itself could stay as it is, while a Tika+any23 combo could at
last do what Aperture has been trying to do for the last 7 years:
convert everything to triples. :)

I guess I gotta have a closer look at any23.

Antoni Myłka
antoni.mylka@gmail.com