tika-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Interested in being a commiter to tika
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 13:08:11 GMT
That's wonderful!

Apache is a meritocracy, meaning one works their way towards becoming
a committer by doing stuff -- posting patches, reviewing patches,
commenting on issues, answering user's questions, posting ideas to the
dev list, etc.  Perhaps a good place to start would be to browse
through the open Tika issues:

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+TIKA+AND+status+%3D+Open+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

And see if there's one you may want to tackle?

Also, be sure to subscribe to the user and dev lists so you see
people's responses to your emails:

    http://tika.apache.org/mail-lists.html

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com