tika-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Ehrlich <jehrl...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: A plan to improve the metadata property definitions
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 15:29:37 GMT
Hi Nick and Ray,

+1
Thanks, this looks like a great step forward. It definitely helps to clean up the current
metadata usage. But I still have no real idea how to represent structured properties with
the current Property/Metadata setup going forward.
I have done a quick review and have already a couple of suggestions for the TikaCoreProperties,
which I will capture in TIKA-930.

Regards
Jörg

---
Jörg Ehrlich | Computer Scientist | XMP Technology | Adobe Systems | joerg.ehrlich@adobe.com
| work: +49(40)306360

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Burch [mailto:nick.burch@alfresco.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 17. Mai 2012 04:58
To: <dev@tika.apache.org>
Subject: Re: A plan to improve the metadata property definitions

On Thu, 17 May 2012, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> Thanks Nick, +1.
>
> I'll try and follow and see if I can help in places.

We've tried to keep all the issues and commits nice and small, so they're easy to review,
but we did end up on an epic 10 hour coding spree today so apologies if it made it hard to
keep up...

There are a couple of bits still to implement from the plan, which we're aiming to look at
tomorrow. After that, it'd be good if people with parsers not in the main tika codebase (eg
the OODT ones?) could check we haven't broken anything in the process. We think the work we've
done will help with the overall plan to improve metadata that Joerg has been spearheading,
again would be useful for someone else to confirm that!

Nick