tika-dev mailing list archives

From Ray Gauss II <ray.ga...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Welcome Ray Gauss as a Tika committer/PMC
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 01:21:43 GMT
Hello everyone, and thank you!

I consider it a great honor and privilege to be part of a community with such forethought
and ingenuity.

I've been contributing to open source projects for some time and I'm now at Alfresco implementing
features around rich media, including metadata, where Tika obviously plays a significant role.

Thanks again for bringing me in and I'm very much looking forward to working with all of you.

Regards,

Ray

On Jun 8, 2012, at 11:14 AM, Nick Burch wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Many of you will have seen the JIRAs / patches from Ray Gauss over the last few months,
especially around metadata. I'm pleased to announce that Ray has now been elected as a Tika
committer and PMC member.

> Ray, please feel free to say a bit about yourself. Thanks and welcome aboard! We'll look
forward to you committing your own patches shortly :)