tika-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Ehrlich <jehrl...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: JAX-RS overhead in tika-server
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 12:10:57 GMT
I would also say that TIKA-930 should be resolved before a release is cut.
Please see my last comment in that issue.

And it would be great if the tika-xmp module would make it in 1.2 as well :)
But it does not have any impact on the ability to release like TIKA-930, of course, as it
only adds a new module.

Thanks
Jörg

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Gauss II [mailto:ray.gauss@alfresco.com]
Sent: Montag, 2. Juli 2012 01:56
To: dev@tika.apache.org
Subject: Re: JAX-RS overhead in tika-server

Is there any consensus on TIKA-930 [1]?  I don't want to wipe out properties that others feel
are critical or include non-ratified standards if that's outside of policy.

If there's no objection to what's outlined in that issue I can commit those changes tomorrow
morning (GMT -4).

Regards,

Ray

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-930

On Jul 1, 2012, at 7:22 PM, Nick Burch wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Jul 2012, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
>>> It can be a big pain if an in-progress API is suddenly effectively frozen by
the need to be compatible into the future...

>> Agreed -- so, what do you think? How much longer do we need to wrap up the API changes
or whatever going on with the metadata stuff? A week? 2 weeks?

> Dunno, all my bits are in....
>
> Ray? Jörg? Are there any outstanding bits left? Anything you need more feedback/review
on, before Chris does the release?