tika-dev mailing list archives

From Ankur Chauhan <ankurtro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New design for Apache Tika website
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:31:23 GMT
Hi Swapnil,

If i may raise a simple question, what are you trying to solve/improve by the new design?
I am just trying to get an idea of the reasoning behind the new layout and what would it bring
to the table as this would make all the tutorials/guides useless which have steps guiding
people to new places. Also, we may need to setup redirects for different pages to maintain
backwards compatibility with the urls that are already out there.

I like the twitter bootstrap framework's simplicity but at the same time I am also a proponent
of "if it ain't broken, don't fix it".

Ankur Chauhan
ankurtrojan@gmail.com / ankur@malloc64.com

PS: design looks good, its simple but to be frank, bootstrap has been a tad bit overused.