tika-dev mailing list archives

From parag <patel.pa...@yahoo.com>
Subject custom parser configuration in autodetectparser.
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 11:53:16 GMT
Hello everyone ,
i am looking for creating custom parser in apache tika 1.2 . i was fallow
the step define in http://tika.apache.org/1.2/parser_guide.html

in these step i was add one line System.out.println("########  own parser
call  #############"); in HelloParser.class file . so we have to know that
our parser is called or not .

i am following all step define in above link .

but don`t know however my custom parser is not called and can`t find the
line ########  own parser call  ############# in console .

also i have one confusion in this line ."  you should explicitly tell the
AutoDetectParser to include your new parser"

for updating jar . i follow the below step .

extract jar file .
now put the class in define package .

create jar using command prompt with jar command .
the command is : jar cf jarfilename.jar folder1 folder2 ...
filename.extension....

if  i am going to wrong way . then please guide me to how to avoid this
problem.

i am using a tika-app-1.2.jar and make above changes in this file .