tika-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache TIka 1.4 Release Candidate #1
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2013 11:00:11 GMT
On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 6:21 AM, Dave Meikle <loompa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 16 June 2013 04:52, Chris Mattmann <mattmann@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Tika 1.4.
>> The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
>> least three +1 Tika PMC votes are cast.
>>
>>     [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Tika 1.4
>>     [X] -1 Do not release this package because...
>>

> -1, as we have a failing test on Windows machines:
>
> *Failed tests:
> testTabularSymbol(org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.WordParserTest): one(..)

Argh, this is my bad (yes, it's TIKA-1128). It's very likely an EOL issue.

Separately, is our Jenkins instance able to run builds on Windows
hosts?  It'd be nice to catch issues like this before release time.

I'll change the test to collapse whitespace variants before the assert.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com