tika-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: MP4Parser triggers .... something betwwen an exception and endDocument() from the Contenthandlers point of view?
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 15:01:06 GMT
On Fri, 7 Jun 2013, Ray Gauss II wrote:
> I think the Parser interface Javadoc would make sense as a place to
> document, but I don't know if there is an existing policy.

It might be helpful if some kind soul could take a few hours to review all
the existing parsers, and give a summary of what they seem to do on
invalid or empty documents (eg 5 throw a tika exception, 1 a sax
exception, 8 do start then end, 2 do nothing). I don't know what those
numbers will be, but that may help us work out if there's almost a
standard we can aim for or not!

Nick