tika-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: AW: MagicDetector don't work for all RFC882 message Types.
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 14:52:00 GMT
On Thu, 11 Jul 2013, Kai-Uwe Schmidt wrote:
> Where can I read how to provide a patch?

Hmm. I was going to say:
* Go to the website at ???? and follow the link to download the source
* Look on the website at ??? and see the contribution instructions

However, unless I'm missing something, we don't have either of those
things on our website :(

Anyone fancy fixing that gap?

Kai-Uwe - for now, svn is http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tika/trunk .
Edit the tika-mimetypes file to list the additional string, then run "mvn
test" to check it all still works. Then, add in your test file, and put a
new method in the detector test to check your file too. mvn test again to
make sure the new test passes too. Finally, do "svn diff" to produce a
patch, and sling that on the issue you opened earlier.

Nick