tika-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From kevin slote <kslo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem with embedded OLE attachments
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 13:54:57 GMT
Ok, I forgot to get rid of poi scratchpad and it worked without the errors.
 Is there a work though if I need to use poi elsewhere in my code?


On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM, kevin slote <kslote1@gmail.com> wrote:

> I do.  But, when I deleted the jars from my classpath, I got the same
> error.
> Additionally, is there a work around if I needed to have poi in my program?
>
>
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Nick Burch <apache@gagravarr.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 17 Oct 2013, kevin slote wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I was trying to parse a word file with an embedded OLE attachment
>>> and I got this error...
>>>
>>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method
>>> org.apache.poi.POIDocument.<**init>(Lorg/apache/poi/poifs/**
>>> filesystem/DirectoryNode;)V
>>> from class org.apache.tika.parser.**microsoft.WordExtractor
>>>
>>
>> Most likely you have mis-matched jars on your classpath. You need to
>> ensure you have the same copy of POI that came with the version of Tika
>> that you're using, and don't have any other ones. I suspect you either are
>> using a different set of POI jars, or have two sets
>>
>> Nick
>>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message