tika-dev mailing list archives

From kevin slote <kslo...@gmail.com>
Subject problem with embedded OLE attachments
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:23:05 GMT
Hi, I was trying to parse a word file with an embedded OLE attachment and I
got this error...

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method
org.apache.poi.POIDocument.<init>(Lorg/apache/poi/poifs/filesystem/DirectoryNode;)V
from class org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.WordExtractor

I dug into the source code and noticed that most of the methods in
microsoft.WordExtractor are set to private or protected.

I was wondering if the folks on this list thought that could be the source
of the error.  It would make sense to me since the IllegalAccessError get's
thrown when two instances of the same class have been loaded by the class
loader in the jvm and the classes have been irreconcilably changed.  The
usual work around for this error is to set the methods in the class that is
causing the error to public.  But what does everyone else think?