tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Is TikaExceptionMapper in tika-server actually used?
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 18:42:57 GMT
No problem at all!  Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Beryozkin [mailto:sberyozkin@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 12:01 PM
To: dev@tika.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is TikaExceptionMapper in tika-server actually used?

Hi Tim, sorry for a delay,
I can see it is expected to process a checked exception, so unless we
have one of the root resources throwing it from one of the methods then
it is not used

Thanks, Sergey
On 19/06/14 02:22, Allison, Timothy B. wrote:
> All,
>
>    In working on adding the stacktrace from a parse exception to the server response,
I'm trying to find the most jax-rsly elegant way of handling exceptions.  There seems to be
a bit of duplicated code, some with good reason, for exception handling.  Is TikaExceptionMapper
actually used by anything?  If not, should I try to modify code to use it or something similar
to it?