tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Give examples of Parser, Detector, and Translator usage
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 10:52:23 GMT

>Recursion is one that causes confusion, we've got some example programs
>on
>the wiki that we can include:
>https://wiki.apache.org/tika/RecursiveMetadata
>
>Ray Gauss is probably our best bet for advanced metadata stuff to send in
>some examples on that!

For development on TIKA-1302, I've been using a modified version of the recursive parser wrapper
that I submitted (well, plagiarized from Jukka+Nick's code on the wiki site above) as TIKA-1329.
 For Tika 1.7, I'd like to add this to tika-app and tika-server, and I'll be using it in planned
tika-batch and tika-eval modules.  So, should I add that to the tika-core, tika-parsers or
tika-example module?  Do we want tika-app and tika-server to depend on tika-example?