tika-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject javax.mail and WADL gen dependencies in Tika JAX-RS server
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:11:21 GMT
Hi

I've updated the server to depend on CXF 3.0.2.

The JAX-RS frontend in CXF 3.0.2 does not have a javax.mail dependency
so I added it directly to the tika-server POM. javax.mail dependency is
used only for a basic check of Content-Disposition header - and we have
a utility code for that in CXF too. I can drop this dependency and
replace with a CXF equivalent.

The other minor issue is that there's a test there checking if the
server can generate a WADL document. Do we really need it given that
Tika Server has its own mechanism for describing the server ? If no then
I can delete the WADL test and drop one more dependency (on the CXF
module which generates WADL)

Cheers, Sergey