tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Parser test resources
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 02:28:49 GMT
Hi Tyler,

This has started to irk me as well, a bit.  I don't think there's much overlap, although there
is some.  I think navigating standard package resource paths might be cumbersome even with
a good IDE... perhaps start with high-level subdirectories as chm is now doing?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tyler Palsulich [mailto:tpalsulich@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 9:54 PM
To: dev@tika.apache.org
Subject: Parser test resources

Hi Folks,

This has irked me for a while -- do we need all of the tika-parser test
resources in a flat directory? Can we convert them to standard package
resource paths? Or, do enough parsers have overlapping test resource
dependencies where it makes sense to have them _all_ under one directory?

It would be nice to easily know which files are used for which tests.

Tyler