tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject including refactored docs from govdocs1 in test suite
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 13:15:56 GMT
All,

  As part of TIKA-1512, I found that I can delete all of the contents, including the metadata,
except for one hyperlink in two documents from govdocs1 and still get the proper behavior
-- fail before fix, work after fix.

  These documents are in the public domain.

  Is it ok to include these modified documents in our test suite or should I avoid inclusion?

  Happy to avoid inclusion for the sake of a quick release of 1.8 and then we have time to
discuss/determine way ahead... unless the answer is obvious.

         Best,

                     Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Allison, Timothy B. [mailto:tallison@mitre.org]
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 7:03 AM
To: dev@tika.apache.org
Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] Tika 1.8 or 1.7.1

Unless there are objections, I'd like these to be resolved before 1.8:

TIKA-1584 -- I'll fix
TIKA-1575 -- Resolved by Konstantin Gribov (thank you!)
TIKA-1512 -- I'll put in a temporary fix so that we don't get IOOBEs, but I'll leave this
open and do some more digging to see if we need to open a ticket at the POI level
TIKA-1511 -- I'll remove "provided" for xerial

TIKA-1549 -- We should thank Toke Eskildsen in CHANGES.txt, no?

I'll have these fixes completed by noon EDT.  Should I run against govdocs1 before or after
the RC?

My last build of Tika app (a few days ago) ballooned to ~43MB, and that's before I add ~3MB
for xerial.  Tika server is now ~48MB.  As of my last build, we are still including ~4MB of
pdfs (README.NLDAS1.pdf and README.NLDAS2.pdf) from the GRIB(?) parser in the tika-app and
tika-server jars.

Best,

              Tim