tika-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Tim Allison (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (TIKA-1644) Mime type diffs between 1.8 and 1.9-rc1
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 02:25:17 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1644?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Tim Allison updated TIKA-1644:
------------------------------
    Description: 
When running 1.9-rc1 against govdocs1, I found a few files whose mime-types have changed.
 I'm posting this now so that others can look...some of these are for the better, and some
not.
For further investigation:
* embedded pict and wmf are now sometimes identified as pdf (TIKA-1085)
* several .doc files are now identified as application/x-msmetafile and no text is being extracted
* several .doc files are now identified as jpeg or png and no text is being extracted
* several .ppt files which were being identified as various (jpeg, ppt, png, msoffice, word)
are now being detected as excel

Probably for the good:
* a handful of files that were identified as text are now identified as pdf (TIKA-1085)

  was:
When running 1.9-rc1 against govdocs1, I found a few files whose mime-types have changed.
 I'm posting this now so that others can look...some of these are for the better, and some
not.
For further investigation:
* embedded pict and wmf are now sometimes identified as pdf 
* several .doc files are now identified as application/x-msmetafile and no text is being extracted
* several .doc files are now identified as jpeg or png and no text is being extracted
* several .ppt files which were being identified as various (jpeg, ppt, png, msoffice, word)
are now being detected as excel

Probably for the good:
* a handful of files that were identified as text are now identified as pdf


> Mime type diffs between 1.8 and 1.9-rc1
> ---------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: TIKA-1644
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1644
>             Project: Tika
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: Tim Allison
>         Attachments: mime_diffs.xlsx
>
>
> When running 1.9-rc1 against govdocs1, I found a few files whose mime-types have changed.
 I'm posting this now so that others can look...some of these are for the better, and some
not.
> For further investigation:
> * embedded pict and wmf are now sometimes identified as pdf (TIKA-1085)
> * several .doc files are now identified as application/x-msmetafile and no text is being
extracted
> * several .doc files are now identified as jpeg or png and no text is being extracted
> * several .ppt files which were being identified as various (jpeg, ppt, png, msoffice,
word) are now being detected as excel
> Probably for the good:
> * a handful of files that were identified as text are now identified as pdf (TIKA-1085)



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message