tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Release Tika 1.11?
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 20:05:11 GMT
>Tim, was your check for File#getName done manually or it's present in tests somehow? If
it's >present in tests we can check it on major platforms (I can test on linux, win xp
and maybe on >macosx) with different jdks.

It was a unit test that initially uncovered the problem -- all worked well on my windows dev
environment but was failed when I made the patch in linux.  I didn't add unit tests to show
that File#getName failed.  I can, though, if that would be of any use.  I agree that we should
keep this as a tiny bit of code and rely on the rest of commons io in core for 2.0.

> Also, I'll take a look at unresolved jdk7 issues/patches today.
+1, if you want to take over reviewing Yaniv's excellent work, please go for it.  I'm mostly
tied up in end of fiscal year administrivia.  Do not wait for me on TIKA-1744 etc.  Thank
you!