tika-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Andrei Rebegea (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Created] (TIKA-1961) OutOfMemory when parsing shapes xml from xlsx files with multi-byte Unicode characters
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 14:59:12 GMT
Andrei Rebegea created TIKA-1961:
------------------------------------

             Summary: OutOfMemory when parsing shapes xml from xlsx files with multi-byte
Unicode characters
                 Key: TIKA-1961
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1961
             Project: Tika
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: parser
    Affects Versions: 1.6
            Reporter: Andrei Rebegea
         Attachments: dmsu1332-reproduced.xlsx

Piccolo parser used by xmlbeans seems to be reading xml files by portions of 8192 bytes. Problems
appear when a portion crosses a multi-byte Unicode character.

I managed to create a problematic file myself, dmsu1332-reproduced.xlsx. 
Some files got fixed just by opening and saving the files in Office 2013 but this one doesn't
get fixed by the trick with open/save without modification. 

The file xl/drawings/drawing1.xml within this xlsx contains a formula. The border between
1st and 2nd portions (at 0x2000) crosses the same Unicode character in the same way: F09D90-BA.
I noticed that the character before this multi-byte Unicode character should be a single-byte
character. Otherwise it will be some other issue (not OutOfMemory, but just a failure to parse
the xml file within the xlsx).
I don't know if this can be reproduced with two- or three-byte Unicode characters, or if other
split patter would result into issues (i.e. F0-9D90BA and F09D-90BA).
Problematic char http://unicode.scarfboy.com/?s=U%2B1d43a ;

Finally with formulas it is reproduced easier because each symbol in a formula, if the symbol
is automatically typed in italic, such as "a", "x" or "dx" (these are two symbols), is represented
by a 4-byte Unicode character.

stack trace:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil.allocate(CharUtil.java:397)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil.saveChars(CharUtil.java:506)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil.saveChars(CharUtil.java:419)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil.saveChars(CharUtil.java:489)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cur$CurLoadContext.text(Cur.java:2927)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cur$CurLoadContext.stripText(Cur.java:3130)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cur$CurLoadContext.text(Cur.java:3143)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale$SaxHandler.characters(Locale.java:3291)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.Piccolo.reportCdata(Piccolo.java:992)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.PiccoloLexer.parseXMLNS(PiccoloLexer.java:1290)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.PiccoloLexer.parseXML(PiccoloLexer.java:1261)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.PiccoloLexer.yylex(PiccoloLexer.java:4812)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.Piccolo.yylex(Piccolo.java:1290)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.Piccolo.yyparse(Piccolo.java:1400)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.Piccolo.parse(Piccolo.java:714)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale$SaxLoader.load(Locale.java:3479)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:1277)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:1264)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.parse(SchemaTypeLoaderBase.java:345)
        at org.openxmlformats.schemas.drawingml.x2006.spreadsheetDrawing.CTDrawing$Factory.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFDrawing.<init>(XSSFDrawing.java:84)
        at org.apache.poi.xssf.eventusermodel.XSSFReader$SheetIterator.getShapes(XSSFReader.java:294)
        at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.XSSFExcelExtractorDecorator.buildXHTML(XSSFExcelExtractorDecorator.java:148)
        at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.AbstractOOXMLExtractor.getXHTML(AbstractOOXMLExtractor.java:114)
        at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.XSSFExcelExtractorDecorator.getXHTML(XSSFExcelExtractorDecorator.java:94)
        at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.OOXMLExtractorFactory.parse(OOXMLExtractorFactory.java:112)
        at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.OOXMLParser.parse(OOXMLParser.java:82)



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message