tika-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject @ApacheTika , and release related tweets question
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2016 12:41:29 GMT
Hi All

Firstly, in case you haven't heard, we've setup a twitter account for the
project! It's @ApacheTika - https://twitter.com/ApacheTika

One thing we'll want to use it for is project publicity, linking to
interesting things going on around the project, such as today's post on
how the panama papers investigation used Apache Tika and SOLR :)

Another thing we can use it for is release announcements. That leads to a
question though - which parts? Should we just tweet when there's a new
release out, linking to the download and the changelog?

Or would people prefer it if we tweeted when we start the countdown to a
release (to give a chance to test / get last patches ready), again when
the vote starts (to get a wider group testing and voting), and finally
when the release is out?

Thoughts?

Nick