tika-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Eli Trucco (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Created] (TIKA-2037) Problems with email attachments
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:42:20 GMT
Eli Trucco created TIKA-2037:
--------------------------------

             Summary: Problems with email attachments
                 Key: TIKA-2037
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-2037
             Project: Tika
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: detector, parser
    Affects Versions: 1.13
         Environment: Eclipse, Java 8
            Reporter: Eli Trucco
            Priority: Minor


I stumbled across a couple of problems while parsing and extracting attachments from .eml
files from Thunderbird. Some of them are wrongly identified (as text/html, or application/xhtml+xml)
and in a lot of them, the attachments are not detected. I tried to parse 20 random eml files
with attachments (pdf,txt,html,etc), and at least 10 of them are either identified as html,
or correctly identified as rfc822 but the attachments are not extracted. I tried the same
files using TikaCLI -z option with the same result.

What I did: I extended the class ParsingEmbeddedDocumentExtractor to extract and store the
attachments somewhere else (exactly as shown in this example code https://github.com/apache/tika/blob/master/tika-example/src/main/java/org/apache/tika/example/ExtractEmbeddedFiles.java).






--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message