tika-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: Tika 1.14?
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 10:27:12 GMT
On Thu, 11 Aug 2016, Bob Paulin wrote:
> I know it's been a little bit since we talked about 2.0.  We had
> discussed holding off while some API changes that were under
> consideration.  Has any progress been made on this?

I think we're still trying to come up with a plan for how to allow
multiple parsers to report text for one document (either for main parser +
fallback parser after error, or for two different kinds of parsers).
That's then blocking some of the changes around fallback parsers, multiple
parsers etc. Probably a few other API breaks / changes that'll fall out of
that too

How long we want to wait for a solution for that is a different
question... (I'm not that keen on saying "if the content handler is a
TikaContentHandler with some extra methods, great, otherwise throw an
exception for >1 parser", which is about the only one we've come up with
so far)

Nick