tika-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Welcome Luis Filipe Nassif and Thamme Gowda as Apache Tika PMC members and committers
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 00:53:57 GMT
Luis Welcome! That is so awesome! Thank you for using Tika in Law Enforcement. We are lucky
to have you and let me know what I can do to help you further Tika.

Cheers bro!

From: Luís Filipe Nassif <lfcnassif@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, November 7, 2016 at 4:45 PM
To: <user@tika.apache.org>
Cc: <dev@tika.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Welcome Luis Filipe Nassif and Thamme Gowda as Apache Tika PMC members
and committers

Thank you very much Dave and all Tika PMC,

I am very glad to be part of Tika community for the last years and now as a project member!

I am 33 years old and was born at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I graduated in Computer Engineering
at Brazilian Army Institute of Technology and I have a Masters degree in Information Security
and Computer Forensics. Currently I live at São Paulo and I am a computer forensic examiner
at Brazilian Federal Police.

Tika is a key technology for one house made software, a forensic tool to analyse seized computers,
helping us to detect file types, to extract text and metadata for indexing, to extract embedded
files from containers and to detect encrypted files. That tool is a very successful project
and, with the help of Tika and Lucene, was used to find several evidences in the middle of
hundreds of terabytes of data in the bigger brazilian criminal investigation in history, the
"Lava-Jato" investigation, that culminated with president Dilma's impeachment.

I am very happy to have contributed to Tika in the past, providing patches for the first commited
versions of TesseractOCRParser, RARParser, Latin1StringsParser, the refactoring of MboxParser
and some other minor contributions. And I wish to continue to contribute more as I can.

Thank you,

Luis Filipe Nassif