tika-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Welcome Luis Filipe Nassif and Thamme Gowda as Apache Tika PMC members and committers
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 00:54:50 GMT
Welcome my friend! You are doing and continue to do amazing work! We are lucky to have you!

#IRDS #WINNING

From: Thamme Gowda <tgowdan@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 9:42 PM
To: <user@tika.apache.org>
Cc: <dev@tika.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Welcome Luis Filipe Nassif and Thamme Gowda as Apache Tika PMC members
and committers

Thanks Dave for the email.

Hello Everyone,

  I am happy to be on board and be part of this community/project developers.

A quick Intro:

  I am a Masters' student at Univ of Southern California(USC), Los Angeles. I am a member
of Information retrieval and data science group at USC and an intern at NASA Jet Propulsion
Laboratory, Pasadena. I am so honored to be working with Dr. Chris Mattmann for the last 1
year, he had introduced Tika to me in a class at USC.

What am I using Tika for?

 The main application is in DARPA memex. We deal with a variety of multimedia types. We analyze
data for digital forensics.

In case you didn't previously see my name in mailing lists/code commits, here are my top 3
pull requests:

1. [TIKA-1787] Named Entity Recognition Parser - find names from text streams

2. [TIKA-1993] Object recognition Parser - tensorflow's ImageNet model for image recognition

3. [TIKA-1508, TIKA-1986] Uniformity to parser parameter configuration

P.S.

 I will be at Apache Big Data EU 2016 in Spain next week, I will be happy to meet if anyone
coming there.

Best,

Thamme

--

Thamme Gowda

Grad. Student at Univ. of Southern California

@thammegowda | http://scf.usc.edu/~tnarayan/