tika-dev mailing list archives

From Luís Filipe Nassif <lfcnas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Welcome Luis Filipe Nassif and Thamme Gowda as Apache Tika PMC members and committers
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 00:45:07 GMT
Thank you very much Dave and all Tika PMC,

I am very glad to be part of Tika community for the last years and now as a
project member!

I am 33 years old and was born at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I graduated in
Computer Engineering at Brazilian Army Institute of Technology and I have a
Masters degree in Information Security and Computer Forensics. Currently I
live at São Paulo and I am a computer forensic examiner at Brazilian
Federal Police.

Tika is a key technology for one house made software, a forensic tool to
analyse seized computers, helping us to detect file types, to extract text
and metadata for indexing, to extract embedded files from containers and to
detect encrypted files. That tool is a very successful project and, with
the help of Tika and Lucene, was used to find several evidences in the
middle of hundreds of terabytes of data in the bigger brazilian criminal
investigation in history, the "Lava-Jato" investigation, that culminated
with president Dilma's impeachment.

I am very happy to have contributed to Tika in the past, providing patches
for the first commited versions of TesseractOCRParser, RARParser,
Latin1StringsParser, the refactoring of MboxParser and some other minor
contributions. And I wish to continue to contribute more as I can.

Thank you,

Luis Filipe Nassif