tika-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: FW: ApacheCon Miami is coming in May.
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 20:13:48 GMT
On Wed, 30 Nov 2016, Allison, Timothy B. wrote:
>> ApacheCon and Apache Big Data will be held at the Intercontinental in
>> Miami, Florida, May 16-18, 2017
>
> I plan to attend.
>
> Who's in?  Any idea if there will be another "content" track like we had
> in Austin?

If we want a Content track, then we'd have to do some work for it! I'd
love to see one though, I think we've enough good stuff around Apache to
make it a success

We'd need to find a few related projects interested in putting some talks
in, work out a marketing message for the track, and ideally work out how
we can "pay" our way (in terms of finding a sponsor, or explaining why
someone would buy quite a few tickets to see just our talks, or that sort
of thing)

Are we up for that bit of extra work this time?

There's also a chance to take part in the hackathon too :)

Nick