tika-dev mailing list archives

From Thejan Wijesinghe <thejan.k.wijesin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tess4j API for TIKA OCR parser
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 09:58:24 GMT
Hi everyone!

Luis, It is my pleasure to meet an original creator of a major component of
TIKA. I should say that it is very creative + reliable workaround. :) I
still have many unclear areas in TIKA parsers. Perhaps you can help me to
clarify some of them.

Even now, there must be some unreliability in Tess4j because I also got
some jvm crashing issues when trying to test it first but however I got
through them. I can't exactly say whether this is going to be a perfect
implementation without testing this properly. However, I'll try my best to
make this work. I have crated an jira issue for this [1]
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-2293>. I invite you all to help
me, make this a success.