tika-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Paulin <...@bobpaulin.com>
Subject Re: OSGI expert help from Bob/others: TIKA-2016
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 22:38:17 GMT
Hey Chris,

Initial reaction is this is not optimal but likely not harmful.  I'll
need a bit longer to digest if something needs to change.  Will submit a
JIRA if something needs to change.

- Bob

On 5/3/2017 2:55 PM, Chris Mattmann wrote:
> OK I fixed it. Not sure if I did it right but it at least passes the tests ☺ and compiles.
>
> That’s a start:
>
> https://github.com/apache/tika/pull/169#issuecomment-299017261
>
> So, check out the update I made there.
>
> Thanks and sorry for the false alarms!
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
>

> On 5/3/17, 11:54 AM, "Chris Mattmann" <mattmann@apache.org> wrote:
>
>     Hey Team,
>
>     I’m trying to get TIKA-2016 sentiment analysis integrated and having a heck of

>     a time fighting tika-bundle and OSGI of which I am not an expert.
>
>     See: https://github.com/apache/tika/pull/169/files
>
>     Basically what I’m saying:
>
>     1. The USC IRDS sentiment analysis parser has  a bunch of Maven
>     exclusions in the pom.xml updates to tika-parsers that Thamme made.
>     This compiles file but failed at tika-bundle.
>     2. Usually my tika-bundle updates:
>     a. Include the jar artifactId ref
>     b. Add a ;resolution:=optional for the package includes
>     3. Doing #2 usually fixes it. In this case there are a ton of weird exclusions.
>     I tried to reflect in OSGI tika-bundle/pom.xml as best as I can, I tried
>     excluding Solr, handling the tika-serialization inclusion needed, etc.,
>     and I can get it to the point (if I add sentiment-analysis-parser artifactId
>     back in) where it gets to the tests, but it fails the tests with:
>
>     Running org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT
>     [main] INFO org.ops4j.pax.exam.spi.DefaultExamSystem - Pax Exam System (Version:
4.10.0) created.
>     [main] INFO org.ops4j.pax.exam.junit.impl.ProbeRunner - creating PaxExam runner for
class org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT
>     [main] INFO org.ops4j.pax.exam.junit.impl.ProbeRunner - running test class org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT
>     INFO  running testBundleSimpleText in reactor
>     INFO  running testManifestNoJUnit in reactor
>     INFO  running testTesseractParser in reactor
>     INFO  running testTikaBundle in reactor
>     INFO  running testBundleDetection in reactor
>     INFO  running testBundleDetectors in reactor
>     INFO  running testBundleLoaded in reactor
>     INFO  running testForkParser in reactor
>     INFO  running testBundleParsers in reactor
>     [main] INFO org.ops4j.pax.exam.spi.reactors.ReactorManager - suite finished
>     Tests run: 9, Failures: 2, Errors: 5, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 7.155 sec <<<
FAILURE!

>     Results :
>
>     Failed tests:   testBundleDetectors(org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT): Should have
several Detector names, found 2
>       testBundleParsers(org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT): Should have lots Parser names,
found 2

>     Tests in error:
>       testBundleSimpleText(org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT): org.apache.tika.mime.MediaType
not found by org.apache.tika.bundle [13]
>       testTesseractParser(org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT): Could not initialize class
org.apache.tika.parser.ocr.TesseractOCRParser
>       testTikaBundle(org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT): Could not initialize class org.apache.tika.parser.pkg.PackageParser
>       testBundleDetection(org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT): org.apache.tika.mime.MediaType
not found by org.apache.tika.bundle [13]
>       testForkParser(org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT): org.apache.tika.mime.MediaType
not found by org.apache.tika.bundle [13]

>     Tests run: 9, Failures: 2, Errors: 5, Skipped: 0
>
>     I have no clue why. I’ve messed with including/excluding tika-core, etc, but when
I got