tika-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OSGI expert help from Bob/others: TIKA-2016
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 22:57:16 GMT
Thanks Bob. I figured you would know a better way. Great yes if you figure one
out or have the energy your JIRAs and updates are always welcomed!

On 5/3/17, 3:38 PM, "Bob Paulin" <bob@bobpaulin.com> wrote:

    Hey Chris,

    Initial reaction is this is not optimal but likely not harmful.  I'll
    need a bit longer to digest if something needs to change.  Will submit a
    JIRA if something needs to change.

    - Bob

    On 5/3/2017 2:55 PM, Chris Mattmann wrote:
    > OK I fixed it. Not sure if I did it right but it at least passes the tests ☺ and
compiles.

    > That’s a start:
    >
    > https://github.com/apache/tika/pull/169#issuecomment-299017261
    >
    > So, check out the update I made there.
    >
    > Thanks and sorry for the false alarms!
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Chris
    >

    > On 5/3/17, 11:54 AM, "Chris Mattmann" <mattmann@apache.org> wrote:
    >
    >     Hey Team,
    >
    >     I’m trying to get TIKA-2016 sentiment analysis integrated and having a heck
of
    >     a time fighting tika-bundle and OSGI of which I am not an expert.
    >
    >     See: https://github.com/apache/tika/pull/169/files
    >
    >     Basically what I’m saying:
    >
    >     1. The USC IRDS sentiment analysis parser has  a bunch of Maven
    >     exclusions in the pom.xml updates to tika-parsers that Thamme made.
    >     This compiles file but failed at tika-bundle.
    >     2. Usually my tika-bundle updates:
    >     a. Include the jar artifactId ref
    >     b. Add a ;resolution:=optional for the package includes
    >     3. Doing #2 usually fixes it. In this case there are a ton of weird exclusions.
    >     I tried to reflect in OSGI tika-bundle/pom.xml as best as I can, I tried
    >     excluding Solr, handling the tika-serialization inclusion needed, etc.,
    >     and I can get it to the point (if I add sentiment-analysis-parser artifactId
    >     back in) where it gets to the tests, but it fails the tests with:
    >
    >     Running org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT
    >     [main] INFO org.ops4j.pax.exam.spi.DefaultExamSystem - Pax Exam System (Version:
4.10.0) created.
    >     [main] INFO org.ops4j.pax.exam.junit.impl.ProbeRunner - creating PaxExam runner
for class org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT
    >     [main] INFO org.ops4j.pax.exam.junit.impl.ProbeRunner - running test class org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT
    >     INFO  running testBundleSimpleText in reactor
    >     INFO  running testManifestNoJUnit in reactor
    >     INFO  running testTesseractParser in reactor
    >     INFO  running testTikaBundle in reactor
    >     INFO  running testBundleDetection in reactor
    >     INFO  running testBundleDetectors in reactor
    >     INFO  running testBundleLoaded in reactor
    >     INFO  running testForkParser in reactor
    >     INFO  running testBundleParsers in reactor
    >     [main] INFO org.ops4j.pax.exam.spi.reactors.ReactorManager - suite finished
    >     Tests run: 9, Failures: 2, Errors: 5, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 7.155 sec <<<
FAILURE!

    >     Results :
    >
    >     Failed tests:   testBundleDetectors(org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT): Should
have several Detector names, found 2
    >       testBundleParsers(org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT): Should have lots Parser
names, found 2

    >     Tests in error:
    >       testBundleSimpleText(org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT): org.apache.tika.mime.MediaType
not found by org.apache.tika.bundle [13]
    >       testTesseractParser(org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT): Could not initialize
class org.apache.tika.parser.ocr.TesseractOCRParser
    >       testTikaBundle(org.apache.tika.bundle.BundleIT): Could not initialize class
org.apache.tika.parser.pkg.PackageParser