tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject experiences with Tika in Docker
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 19:33:00 GMT
Dave Meikle, Tom and All,

    How many of us are using Tika in Docker?  If so, how exactly are you using it?  Single
instance, swarm, Kubernetes, something else?  People fear I/O hit with tika-server...what
are your experiences?
I really like the ability to limit the number of CPUs in the Docker container.  If a single
doc causes multithreaded gc to go nuts, that won't kill an entire machine.  This also cleanly
limits the risk from XXE or arbitrary code execution, right?

If this is one of the ways of the future for big data, we might want to look into hardening
tika-server (OOMs, timeouts).  What do you all think?

        Cheers,

                Tim

Timothy B. Allison, Ph.D.
Principal Artificial Intelligence Engineer
Group Lead
K83E/Human Language Technology
The MITRE Corporation
7515 Colshire Drive, McLean, VA  22102
703-983-2473 (phone); 703-983-1379 (fax)