tika-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tika 1.18?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2018 16:24:08 GMT
Same: makes perfect sense to me and let's do it ( I just updated (finally) Tika Python down
stream to be based on the 1.16 Tika, I guess I should get it based on 1.17 soon too (

https://github.com/chrismattmann/tika-python/blob/master/tika/__init__.py#L17

Cheers,
Chris

On 3/1/18, 5:16 AM, "Nick Burch" <apache@gagravarr.org> wrote:

    On Thu, 1 Mar 2018, Allison, Timothy B. wrote:
    > There have been some important bug fixes, a few new capabilities, and
    > the upgrading of dependencies because of CVEs.  There are a bunch of
    > mime tickets from Andreas Meier that I’d like to get into 1.18.  Is
    > there anything else that is critical?

    I've had a busy few weeks, so haven't yet had a chance to try out my
    proposed multi-parser stuff for 2.x. I'll hopefully take a look next week,
    assuming even the fastest review cycle and everyone loving it, I can't see
    us being ready to all sign-off on those "2.x breaking changes" until
    probably April.

    Given that, doing an interim 1.x release soon makes sense to me!

    Nick