tika-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Gribov <gros...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.19?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2018 17:15:23 GMT
Hi, folks.

During building with openjdk10 I found some potential issues and/or places
for future improvement:

   - minor javadoc issues (I'll fix them, and as they are trivial I don't
   see them as blocker for rc1->release promotion): usage of bare `>` sign
   instead of `&gt;`, references to unimported or absent methods/classes etc;
   - new javadoc will switch to use html5 instead of html4 and recommends
   to choose one explicitly;
   - some bnd (OSGi bundler) warnings related to:
      - versioning (`aQute.bnd.annotation.Version` annotation is deprecated
      since bnd 3.2);
      - exporting one package from different bundles (like
      `o.a.tika.language.translate` from both tika-core and tika-translate);
      - using OSGi activator from another bundle;
      - some private references, could be an issue but needs additional
      research;
   - forbiddenapis warnings because checks are enabled for some
   types/classes not present on classpath (like commons-io in tika-core) but
   it's just some noise and not even a minor issue;

--

Best regards,
Konstantin Gribov