tika-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Tim Allison (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Comment Edited] (TIKA-2904) Error parsing a Word document with a WMF image
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2019 16:48:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-2904?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16883159#comment-16883159
] 

Tim Allison edited comment on TIKA-2904 at 7/11/19 4:47 PM:
------------------------------------------------------------

We didn't upgrade to 4.1.0 because there were some serious regressions in text extraction
in [EW]MF.  

There are some serious binary incompatibilities btwn 4.1.0 and 4.0.1. 

I raised these issues with the POI team at the time:

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/poi-dev/201904.mbox/%3CCAC1dCwX%3Dz9XOPcBLHEsE_TAoH6gSFCR%2B_Uu%3Dw-2pPSpiz7LNDQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

and

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/poi-dev/201904.mbox/%3CCAC1dCwW4gmMSMjVLnXS1MCf2E2UVZP3Dsk9yx3TO-cJrYRT_fw%40mail.gmail.com%3E

I'm on the POI team and chose not to vote against the release.  I need to work with the latest
version to try to address the [EW]MF extraction issues, if they haven't been OBE by now, and
then work towards a new release.

But, you're right, 4.0.1 and 4.1.0 are _NOT_ compatible.



was (Author: tallison@mitre.org):
We didn't upgrade to 4.1.0 because there were some serious regressions in text extraction
in WMF.  

There are some serious binary incompatibilities btwn 4.1.0 and 4.0.1. 

I raised these issues with the POI team at the time:

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/poi-dev/201904.mbox/%3CCAC1dCwX%3Dz9XOPcBLHEsE_TAoH6gSFCR%2B_Uu%3Dw-2pPSpiz7LNDQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

and

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/poi-dev/201904.mbox/%3CCAC1dCwW4gmMSMjVLnXS1MCf2E2UVZP3Dsk9yx3TO-cJrYRT_fw%40mail.gmail.com%3E

I'm on the POI team and chose not to vote against the release.  I need to work with the latest
version to try to address the EMF extraction issues, if they haven't been OBE by now, and
then work towards a new release.

But, you're right, 4.0.1 and 4.1.0 are _NOT_ compatible.


> Error parsing a Word document with a WMF image
> ----------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: TIKA-2904
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-2904
>             Project: Tika
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: parser
>    Affects Versions: 1.21
>            Reporter: Borja Serrano
>            Priority: Major
>
> If you try to parse a document with a WMF file and you are importing the newest version
of Apache POI (4.1.0 which is marked as compatible) you get a NoSuchMethodError exception:
> {code:java}
> 2019-07-11 11:06:59 com.penman.web.configuration.CustomAsyncExceptionHandler [ERROR]
Exception in async task message - org.apache.poi.hwmf.record.HwmfRecord.getRecordType()Lorg/apache/poi/hwmf/record/HwmfRecordType;
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.poi.hwmf.record.HwmfRecord.getRecordType()Lorg/apache/poi/hwmf/record/HwmfRecordType;
> at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.WMFParser.parse(WMFParser.java:72) ~[tika-parsers-1.21.jar:1.21]
> at org.apache.tika.parser.CompositeParser.parse(CompositeParser.java:280) ~[tika-core-1.21.jar:1.21]
> at org.apache.tika.parser.CompositeParser.parse(CompositeParser.java:280) ~[tika-core-1.21.jar:1.21]
> at org.apache.tika.parser.AutoDetectParser.parse(AutoDetectParser.java:143) ~[tika-core-1.21.jar:1.21]
> at org.apache.tika.parser.DelegatingParser.parse(DelegatingParser.java:72) ~[tika-core-1.21.jar:1.21]
> at org.apache.tika.extractor.ParsingEmbeddedDocumentExtractor.parseEmbedded(ParsingEmbeddedDocumentExtractor.java:104)
~[tika-core-1.21.jar:1.21]
> at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.AbstractOOXMLExtractor.handleEmbeddedFile(AbstractOOXMLExtractor.java:391)
~[tika-parsers-1.21.jar:1.21]
> at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.AbstractOOXMLExtractor.handleEmbeddedPart(AbstractOOXMLExtractor.java:264)
~[tika-parsers-1.21.jar:1.21]
> at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.AbstractOOXMLExtractor.handleEmbeddedParts(AbstractOOXMLExtractor.java:206)
~[tika-parsers-1.21.jar:1.21]
> at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.AbstractOOXMLExtractor.getXHTML(AbstractOOXMLExtractor.java:139)
~[tika-parsers-1.21.jar:1.21]
> at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.OOXMLExtractorFactory.parse(OOXMLExtractorFactory.java:201)
~[tika-parsers-1.21.jar:1.21]
> at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.OOXMLParser.parse(OOXMLParser.java:110) ~[tika-parsers-1.21.jar:1.21]
> at org.apache.tika.parser.CompositeParser.parse(CompositeParser.java:280) ~[tika-core-1.21.jar:1.21]
> at org.apache.tika.parser.CompositeParser.parse(CompositeParser.java:280) ~[tika-core-1.21.jar:1.21]
> at org.apache.tika.parser.AutoDetectParser.parse(AutoDetectParser.java:143) ~[tika-core-1.21.jar:1.21]
> {code}
> The problem comes from an update in Apache POI. Since 4.1.0 the function getRecordType
is no longer usable and we need to use getWmfRecordType (there was a discussion about the
change in [http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/VOTE-Apache-POI-4-1-0-release-RC3-td5733174.html])



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.14#76016)

Mime
View raw message