tika-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Becker <dbec...@kududyn.com>
Subject Re: build failure in master
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:39:01 GMT
When one installs "sudo apt install -y default-jre" on Ubuntu 16.04, the
Tika build will be successful with the following tools:
vagrant@ubuntu-xenial:~/tika$ javac -version
javac 1.8.0_222
vagrant@ubuntu-xenial:~/tika$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_222"

When one installs "sudo apt install -y default-jre" on Ubuntu 18.04, the
Tika build will FAIL with the following tools:
vagrant@ubuntu-bionic:~/tika$ javac -version
javac 11.0.4
vagrant@ubuntu-bionic:~/tika$ java -version
openjdk version "11.0.4" 2019-07-16

When one installs "sudo apt install -y openjdk-8-jdk" on Ubuntu 18.04, the
Tika build will FAIL with the following tools (Note the compiler has been
changed to jdk 8, but java has not):
vagrant@ubuntu-bionic:~/tika$ javac -version
javac 1.8.0_222
vagrant@ubuntu-bionic:~/tika$ java -version
openjdk version "11.0.4" 2019-07-16

If you switch the Java version with "echo 2 | sudo update-alternatives
 --config java" (Note "2" works for a clean bionic vagrant VM, but YMMV),
then the Tika build will be successful with the following tools:
vagrant@ubuntu-bionic:~/tika$ javac -version
javac 1.8.0_222
vagrant@ubuntu-bionic:~/tika$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_222"

I suspect that there is some new issue with running Tika under Open JDK
11.0.4. I will continue to look for the root cause of that next week.

Dan
C: 301-524-8899