tika-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrug...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Grant write access to our wiki to Eric Pugh
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2019 17:08:57 GMT
Fine by me.

— Ken

> On Oct 30, 2019, at 5:39 AM, Eric Pugh <epugh@opensourceconnections.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks folks….
>
> I’ve been going through the Wiki a lot over the past three months, and I’d love to
go through and clean out/update the old content.

> What do you think of me cloning a wiki page, making a whole sale set of edits, getting
review of those edits from the community, and assuming it passes muster, then bringing the
edits back to the original page?

> Eric
>
>> On Oct 29, 2019, at 7:00 PM, Ken Krugler <kkrugler@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On Oct 29, 2019, at 3:10 PM, Nick Burch <apache@gagravarr.org <mailto:apache@gagravarr.org>>
wrote:

>>> I'd almost be tempted to say that we should grant access to all ASF Committers
to our wiki.

>> +1, CTR FTW :)
>>
>> — Ken
>>
>>> (Note - not all confluence users, as that includes fresh spamy sign-ups). As
long as we get notifications of changes (which I think we still do post-migration?), so we
can double check their changes, it should help other ASF project committers contribute

>>> Otherwise, for non-committers, I'd suggest we take an approach similar to the
old-wiki one from incubator, which is to grant access to anyone who writes a vaguely sensible
looking email to the list to request it (see above for change notifications double-check!)

<http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> | My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>

> Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed <https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-enterprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>

> This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential
unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.