tika-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXTERNAL] Tika Python questions
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2019 16:45:56 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your question. Yes, the same way you set the byte size property in Tika-App (I
think through
parser configuration) is how you would do it for Tika-Server. You would just start the Tika
Server yourself
with a custom config file that set this property and then start it on the default port (making
sure any other
ones were killed first). Then Tika-Python will use your own Tika Server with custom config.

As for catching errors, it will try its best to do that, but it does not catch all of them
and if you find
something it doesn’t catch let us know and we will work to fix it.

Thanks,

Chris