tika-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject Re: Grant write access to our wiki to Eric Pugh
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2019 12:39:40 GMT
Thanks folks….

I’ve been going through the Wiki a lot over the past three months, and I’d love to go
through and clean out/update the old content.

 What do you think of me cloning a wiki page, making a whole sale set of edits, getting review
of those edits from the community, and assuming it passes muster, then bringing the edits
back to the original page?

Eric

> On Oct 29, 2019, at 7:00 PM, Ken Krugler <kkrugler@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 29, 2019, at 3:10 PM, Nick Burch <apache@gagravarr.org <mailto:apache@gagravarr.org>>
wrote:

>> On Tue, 29 Oct 2019, Tim Allison wrote:
>>> Anyone object if I grant write access to our wiki to Eric Pugh.  He slacked me
a request.

>> I'd almost be tempted to say that we should grant access to all ASF Committers to
our wiki.

> +1, CTR FTW :)
>
> — Ken
>
>> (Note - not all confluence users, as that includes fresh spamy sign-ups). As long
as we get notifications of changes (which I think we still do post-migration?), so we can
double check their changes, it should help other ASF project committers contribute

>> Otherwise, for non-committers, I'd suggest we take an approach similar to the old-wiki
one from incubator, which is to grant access to anyone who writes a vaguely sensible looking
email to the list to request it (see above for change notifications double-check!)

>> Thanks
>> Nick
>
> --------------------------
> Ken Krugler
> http://www.scaleunlimited.com <http://www.scaleunlimited.com/>
> custom big data solutions & training
> Hadoop, Cascading, Cassandra & Solr

Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com
<http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> | My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>

Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed <https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-enterprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>

This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential
unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.