tika-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject Re: Grant write access to our wiki to Eric Pugh
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2019 14:07:17 GMT
Thanks Nick, I’ll dig a bit more on those two links.

If nothing else, I’d like to get the examples all up to 1.23.

> On Oct 31, 2019, at 9:16 AM, Nick Burch <apache@gagravarr.org <mailto:apache@gagravarr.org>>
wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Oct 2019, Eric Pugh wrote:
>> I’ve been going through the Wiki a lot over the past three months, and I’d love
to go through and clean out/update the old content.

and the example programs are https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tika/trunk/tika-example/src
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tika/trunk/tika-example/src>

>> What do you think of me cloning a wiki page, making a whole sale set of edits, getting
review of those edits from the community, and assuming it passes muster, then bringing the
edits back to the original page?

> As long as it's easy to review the changes, I'd say go for whatever makes your life easier!
If doing it in the wiki is best, your plan sounds good. If you want to download the page markup,
tweak offline, and share a diff, that's likely fine too. They who volunteers to do the hard
work largely gets to pick their method :)

> Thanks
> Nick

Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com
<http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> | My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>

Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed <https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-enterprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>

This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential
unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.