tika-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: Grant write access to our wiki to Eric Pugh
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2019 13:16:23 GMT
On Wed, 30 Oct 2019, Eric Pugh wrote:
> I’ve been going through the Wiki a lot over the past three months, and
> I’d love to go through and clean out/update the old content.

Wonderful, thanks!

In case you're also feeling keen, the source for the website is
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tika/site/src/site/apt and the example
programs are https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tika/trunk/tika-example/src

> What do you think of me cloning a wiki page, making a whole sale set of
> edits, getting review of those edits from the community, and assuming it
> passes muster, then bringing the edits back to the original page?

As long as it's easy to review the changes, I'd say go for whatever makes
your life easier! If doing it in the wiki is best, your plan sounds good.
If you want to download the page markup, tweak offline, and share a diff,
that's likely fine too. They who volunteers to do the hard work largely
gets to pick their method :)

Thanks
Nick